Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Art awards season...

With time everything settles in.  Twelve months ago I was making the transition from scared art student to person seriously considering trying to make art / writing part of my future. 

The other day, when I was grumbling about how I wasn't totally happy with the artwork I am submitting for the Hedland Art Awards as well as chasing up whether my artwork for the Cossack Art Awards had sold, I had to stop and laugh at myself. 

When I put my book into the Hedland Art Awards last year I had to drive around the block a couple of times to get up the nerve to stop at the Gallery and hand it in!  I was almost physically ill going to the opening I was that worried about it all. 

I still feel like I am pretending just a bit but most of the time, particularly when I am in a hurry to get stuff finished because deadlines have to be met, it really feels like work.  My work. 

It'll be interesting to see what I am feeling next year!



My entry for the 2010 Hedland Art Awards



No comments:

Post a Comment