Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Distractions...

I haven't been in the mood to write lately which is very unlike me. 

Part of it was sheer exhaustion I think - school holidays will do that to you.  Particularly when you chuck an overseas holiday and a week long camping trip in there.  Then there was my son starting a new school.  He of course took it in his stride but I worried enough for all of us combined. 

I think the main part of it though was that I was completing the art work for the forth Pilbara Pixies book Yellow.  I have to confess that when my mind is on a job like that that nearly everything else gets dropped.  Except reading.  Reading is my guilty pleasure and the busier and more crowded my life gets the more I need to escape into books.


Still - Yellow's images are now printed and drying.  On Friday I will scan them and then start colouring them in.  Next comes making the covers and with any luck Yellow will be ready to make its first public appearance at the West End Markets on Saturday 27 August.  By then I will be back in the writing, friendly, chatty zone...before moving straight on to book number five!!


No comments:

Post a Comment